PROMOTION POLICY FOR CLASS XI (2018-19)
• A minimum of 75% attendance as per CBSE guideline is a must for promotion to the next higher class.
• Students must attend school regularly & take all weekly, Half Yearly & Annual Exams seriously.
• Case of a candidate with less than 60% attendance will be put up to the Head of Institution for condonation purposes. 15% shortage in attendance may/may not be condoned by the Head of Institution (Leave availed on Medical grounds to be validated by Medical Certificate)
2. PASSING CRITERIA (REFER TO CBSE EXAM BYE LAWS 42.1/1.2 1.3 1.4)
• A student scoring less than 33% marks (Annual Examinations as well as Cumulative Score), in 03 or more subjects will be placed in the “ESSENTIAL REPEAT CATEGORY”/ DETAINED in the same class.
• The weightage’s accorded to each exam in terms of marks is as follows
Cumulative results (100%) = Unit Test* (20%) + Half Yearly Exam (40%) + Annual Examination (40%).
• 40% weightage of Half Yearly and Annual Examination will be taken excluding Practical Marks / Projects Marks / any other internal assessment. i.e. only the Theory Exams.
• Unit Tests & Projects are as important as Half Yearly & Annual Examination. *There are four rounds of Unit test in an academic year and the best three scores will be used for evaluation purpose.
• In order to be declared “Pass” at the end of the session, a student of class XI must secure at least 33% marks in each of the subjects studied by him /her during the session, subject to the condition that he/she secures 33% marks separately in theory and in practical. As per the CBSE manual, it is mandatory to get 33% marks in Practical Examination conducted by the school.
• Provided further the student must also obtain qualifying Grade(s)/Marks in the subjects of Internal Assessment as per curriculum provided by CBSE (Refer to Circular No. CBSE/ACAD/DD(MS)/SPORTS /2018- Mainstreaming Health and Physical Education Dated: 21.3.18).
3. GRACE MARKS:
• Grace marks will be applicable for those students who have made contribution in Co-Curricular and Extra Curricular activities/ Sports at State/National/International level.
• No grace marks shall be awarded to a student to become eligible for ‘COMPARTMENT EXAM’ or to pass the ‘COMPARTMENT EXAM’.
4. COMPARTMENT EXAMINATION:
• A student scoring less than 33% marks. (Annual Examination as well as Cumulative Score) in one or two subjects will be placed in the ‘COMPARTMENT CATEGORY’.
• A student can be given ‘COMPARTMENT EXAMINATION’ in a maximum of two failing subjects and the exam will be administered only once.
• Out of the five main subjects, a student who fails in Theory, he/she will be placed in Compartment in Theory, if a student who fails in Practical or is absent, will be placed in compartment in Practical as well as Theory. ‘
• If the student secures 33% marks in the subject in which he/she has taken the ‘COMPARTMENT EXAMINATION’, disregarding the marks of Half Yearly & Annual Exams, he/she shall be declared successful in the ‘COMPARTMENT EXAMINATION’ and promoted to the next higher class.
5. RULES REGARDING ABSENCE DURING EXAMINATION:
• In case a student is unable to appear for one or more subject(s) in the Half Yearly Examination on medical grounds (duly supported by a medical certificate issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner) / Participating in National/ State/ International Games & Sports/ Participation in co-scholastic activities at Interschool Level, a Mismuster will be awarded only after due verification. The decision of the Head of Institution will be final.
• A student who is on leave on medical grounds (duly supported by a medical certificate issued by a degree holder doctor) at the Annual Examination in one or more subjects shall be allowed to take Mismuster in the subject(s) in which he/she had been on leave on medical grounds.
• Absence in the examination or a part thereof; A medical certificate is to be submitted within two working days of the date of absence at the exam, otherwise it will be considered willful absence and no Mismuster will be permitted.
6. ESSENTIAL REPEAT:
A STUDENT OF CLASS XI WHO DOES NOT ACHIEVE THE QUALIFYING MARKS (33%) IN THREE OR MORE SUBJECTS WILL BE PLACED IN THE ESSENTIAL REPEAT CATEGORY AND WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR COMPARTMENT EXAM. A STUDENT WHO IS NOT ABLE TO SCORE THE QUALIFYING MARKS (33%) IN ONE/TWO SUBJECTS OF COMPARTMENT EXAMINATION SHALL ALSO BE PLACED IN THE ESSENTIAL REPEAT CATEGORY & WILL BE DETAINED IN THE SAME CLASS DURING THE NEXT SESSION.
7. ADDITIONAL SUBJECTS:
• A student may enroll in class XI with 6 subjects and will appear for the subject at the Half Yearly as well as Annual Examination. He / She will have to score the qualifying marks i.e.33% to continue with the 6th subject in Class XII.
• If a student fails in any of the elective Subjects, then the objective may be replaced by the 6th Additional Subject and the result of Class XI will be computed accordingly.
• The student will not be allowed to pursue the subject in which he has not scored the qualifying marks in class XII.
PS: No request for change of a subject will be entertained once the registration of the student is complete with CBSE in the month of August (Refer to CBSE Circular no. CBSE/RO/DDN/E-BL-2015 Dtd:15.05.2015)