A Brief look in the history
Sunbeam was founded in Varanasi in 1972 by Dr. Amrit Lal ‘Ishrat’ Madhok, HOD, Dept. of Persian Language, BHU and Mrs. Deesh ‘Ishrat’ Madhok, an educationist armed with her experience of heading Indian Embassy School, Tehran. They felt that the complete overall educational needs of children in Varanasi were not being met by existing public and private schools. They decided that this mission could best be achieved through the creation of a private, independent institution, which would be an amalgamation of the best of ancient educational practices and the most modern academic delivery system, and thus was born Sunbeam School. Armed with a vision plus boundless energy put in by Sunbeam management and gaining credibility by the day, Sunbeam mace giant strides and the young institution grew rapidly in enrollment, quality, and community recognition and
soon outgrew its place of birth and today is poised to establish itself beyond Varanasi in newer frontiers and benefit the students’ fraternity by it’s accumulated expertise of well over four decades.
In Varanasi, the institution was established with Sunbeam Bhagwanpur and the progressive trend has not stopped for a day. In its wake came Annapurna, Lahartara, Varuna, Suncity, Indiranagar & Sunbeam College for women. Sunbeam Eduserv has established associate Sunbeam Schools at Ballia, Bhadohi, Deoria, Faizabad, Ghazipur, Jaunpur, Mau, Mughalsarai, Narayanpur, Sultanpur, Azamgarh, Robertsganj, Mirzapur & Cholapur.
As a group, Sunbeam truly epitomizes the fact that success is a journey and not a destination.
- To develop scholastic personalities and impart knowledge to maximize skills and competencies.
- To foster a positive school atmosphere of sharing and caring to help them achieve scholastically and co-scholastically their greatest potential.
- To help the students become resourceful thinkers who independently and creatively strive to solve complex problems through reflection, risk taking and critical evaluation.
- To impart wisdom that transforms mere knowledge into a meaningful initiative and enterprise for a harmonious and prosperous society.
- To provide holistic education to society as a whole without prejudice or discrimination..
- Equip the child to meet all challenges – social, moral and intellectual and comprehend human values.
- To make students responsible, law abiding and enlightened citizens of a global society.
- Instil traits of team work, empathy, patience, perseverance and respect of elders and mentors.
- To ensure sensitivity and commitment to environment and all beings to save the planet for future generation
- To motivate our students to explore the extent of their intellectual and physical abilities.
- To uphold the values of honesty, integrity and respect for others.
- To provide a vibrant, happy and secure environment.
- To recruit, retain and develop high calibre staff.
- To promote the general good within our community.
- To safeguard the long term development and reputation of our organisation.
The Sunbeam School Ballia is part of Sunbeam Schools group, an established network of 21 schools in U.P.
“To strive for better and better, not resting on one’s laurels; seek solutions not excuses, deliver results and serve the community by providing quality education.”